Islamic Finance Programme Overview
1. PROGRAMME OVERVIEW
Master in Islamic Finance is aimed at producing graduates who are well-versed in the theories and practices of Islamic Finance via providing comprehensive education and rigorous training capturing from a low level of concepts to a high level of synthesis, which in turn will produce balanced and skillful scholars in the area. The programme is available on part time and full time basis.
- To nurture graduates who will contribute to the advancement of new knowledge/ value added knowledge.
- To enhance theories in Islamic Finance to various areas of Islamic Finance.
- To provide graduates with an opportunity for understanding the nature and potential of a research area.
1.3 Programme Description
This programme is solely conducted on a research basis. The areas of the study are as follows but not limited to:
- Islamic Financial Institutions
- Performance and Efficiency
- Takaful and Retakaful
- Islamic Wealth Management
- Islamic Micro Credit Financing
- Islamic Business Ethics
- Islamic Financial Economics
- Islamic Trade Financing
- Islamic Banking
- Islamic Fund Management
- Financial and Banking
- Institution (Islamic vs Conventional) of Islamic Institution
- Islamic Financing
- Cash Waqaf
- Syariah Corporate Governance
- Islamic Economics
- Risk Management in Islamic Financial Institution
- Islamic vs Ethical Investment