Faculty of Computing and Informatics (FCI) known as Labuan School of Informatics Science (LSIS) was established in May 1999, offering prgrammes in the field of information technology, which is characterised as ‘soft science’ and oriented towards the business environment. In October 2003 Universiti Malaysia Sabah was recognised by Multimedia Development Corporation (MDeC) for ICT- facilitated business that develop or use multimedia technologies to produce and enhance their products and services (quality graduates). Originally, LSIS offered two programmes during its establishment. However on the 1st of June 2014, LSIS was transformed to Faculty and named Faculty of Computing and Informatics (FCI).Three computer science programmes from School of Engineering and Information Technology (SEIT) has been incorporated under the FCI. This make the program offered under FCI to five namely:
* Bachelor of Science (Multimedia Technology) with Honours
* Bachelor of Information Technology (Business Computing) with Honours
* Bachelor of Computer Science (Software Engineering) with Honours
* Bachelor of Computer Science (Network Engineering) with Honours
* Bachelor of Science(Data Science) with Honours
The growth in information technology amd computing has been regards as a pivotal element within the everyday activities. Therefore it is imperative for such knowledge to be masters in the dissemination of information, thus realising the merged role of information and communication technology towards a borderless world.