Bachelor of Computer Science with Honours (Software Engineering)
Bachelor of Computer Science with Honours (Software Engineering) is an undergraduate degree programme offered by Faculty of Computing and Informatics at Kota Kinabalu campus. The programme aims to produce graduates with knowledge and skills in software engineering and management of software development projects. Students will be exposed to and trained in the fundamentals of computer systems as well as the advancement of technologies in the field of computer science. The offered courses include computer programming, software engineering, computer interface programming, Theory of Computation, Operating System, Software Engineering, Programming Languages, Computer Interface Programming and Final Year Research Project and programming languages. In their final year, students will undergo industrial training as well as complete a project related to software development of any computer science discipline under the supervision of an academic personnel.
Graduates specialised in Software Engineering program has the opportunity to work as; Software engineer, System analyst, Data scientist, Software Tester, Database administrator, computer systems analyst, computer support specialist and many more.
- Unite theory (Knowledge) with practice (Practical Skills), be prepared and motivated to engage in lifelong learning (Information management and lifelong learning skills), and have a solid foundation in mathematics and science.
- Be productive practitioners skilled in applying engineering process and practice to software components and systems (Thinking and scientific skills).
- Be proficient in oral and written communication (Communication skills), able to demonstrate leadership skills in developing software (Leadership Skills) and actively demonstrate teamwork, professional and ethical responsibility (Social Skills, Teamwork and Responsibilities).
- Have a broad perspective on computing and Network Engineering, allowing them to demonstrate entrepreneurship and managerial skills in Network Engineering (Management and Entrepreneurship).
Programme Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of essential facts, concepts, principles and theories relating to Software Engineering (Knowledge).
- Apply appropriate methodologies, models and techniques that provide a basis for analysis, design, development, test and implementation, evaluation, maintenance and documentation of a large scale software system (Practical skills).
- Demonstrate teamwork, responsibilities, interpersonal and social skills (Social skills and responsibilities).
- Ethics, professionalism and humanities (Ethics, professionalism and humanities).
- Communicate effectively with peers, clients, superiors, and society at large and demonstrate leadership skills in Software Development (Communication, leadership and team skills).
- Utilize relevant techniques and demonstrate analytical and critical thinking skills in problem solving related to software design and development (Scientific methods, critical thinking and problem solving skills).
- Apply skills and principles of lifelong learning in academic and career development (Lifelong learning and information management.
- Entrepreneurship and managerial skills in Software Engineering (Entrepreneurship and managerial skills).