Bachelor of Computer Science with Honours (Network Engineering)
Bachelor of Computer Science (Network Engineering) with Honours is an undergraduate degree programme offered by Faculty of Computing and Informatics at Kota Kinabalu campus. Student will be exposed and trained with the fundamental concepts of computer science and computer network. The offered courses in the programme are in line with the Cisco, IEEE and ACM computing syllabus.The courses include computer programming, system analysis and design, database, network fundamentals, routing protocols, parallel and distributed computing, web technology, network security, WAN technology and etc.
Graduates specialised in Network Engineering programme has the opportunity to work as network administrator, computer network architect, network support engineer, telecommunications specialist, system engineer & analyst, system and mobile application developer and etc.
- Unite theory (Knowledge) with practice (Practical Skills), be prepared and motivated to engage in lifelong learning (Information management and lifelong learning skills), and have a solid foundation in mathematics and science.
- Be productive practitioners skilled in applying engineering process and practice to software components and systems (Thinking and scientific skills).
- Be proficient in oral and written communication (Communication skills), able to demonstrate leadership skills in developing software (Leadership Skills) and actively demonstrate teamwork, professional and ethical responsibility (Social Skills, Teamwork and Responsibilities).
- Have a broad perspective on computing and Network Engineering, allowing them to demonstrate entrepreneurship and managerial skills in Network Engineering (Management and Entrepreneurship).
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of essential facts, concepts, principles and theories relating to Network Engineering (Knowledge).
- Apply appropriate methodologies, models and techniques that provide a basis for analysis, design, deployment, management, operation, troubleshooting, documentation and maintenance of a large computer networks system (Practical skills).
- Demonstrate teamwork, responsibilities, interpersonal and social skills (Social skills and responsibilities).
- Gain an understanding the concept of ethics, professionalism and humanities (Ethics, professionalism and humanities).
- Communicate effectively with peers, clients, superiors, and society at large and demonstrate leadership skills in the deployment, management, operation and maintenance of computer networks (Communication, leadership and team skills).
- Utilize relevant techniques and demonstrate analytical and critical thinking skills in modelling network infrastructure, designing network architecture, monitoring network performance and applying the technologies and protocols of the next generation networks. (Scientific methods, critical thinking and problem solving skills).
- Apply skills and principles of lifelong learning in academic and career development (Lifelong learning and information management).
- Establish entrepreneurial skills and supervise the deployment, management, operation and maintenance of computer networks (Entrepreneurship and managerial skills).