Pengenalan | Introduction
FACULTY OF HUMANITIES, ARTS AND HERITAGE
FKSW is disclosed by Y Bhg. Profesor Datuk Dr. Mohd Harun Abdullah, Vice-Chancellor Universiti Malaysia Sabah (UMS) with the combination of Art School and Social Science School, in conjunction with the 20th anniversary of UMS establishment. FKSW offers nine (9) study programmes which consist of Visual Art Technology; Creative Art; Music; Industrial Relations; International Relations; Sociology and Anthropology; Geography; History and also Communication. The integrative teaching and learning are conducted based on the special modules by talented and experienced lecturers in their respective field of education.
FKSW is a multi-disciplined learning centre which focuses on the teaching, learning and researches in varied areas intended to create honourable graduates who can contribute to the development and well-being of religions, society and the country. The courses offered in this faculty is exclusively enacted taking consideration of the factors such as humanity, society, environment and the mastery of current technology in effort to produce professional groups and intellectual panels in the field of Arts and Social Science as well.
The dedicated faculty management team is determined to make FKSW as an ultimate education centre in the undergraduate and postgraduate level. The location of UMS which is surrounded by the multi-racial and treasures of its nature in Borneo will open multiple opportunities for research and exploration in various disciplines of Social Science and Arts to the graduates.
Faculty of Humanities, Arts and Heritage strive for excellence in teaching, research and social service. This faculty will strive to produce graduates who are responsible, competent and always ready to serve for the well-being of religions, races, society and the country.
- Expand the knowledge of Social Science and Arts through teaching and research based on the latest technology as a whole to produce graduates that is knowledgeable and able to upgrade, market and raising public awareness in the field of Social Science and Arts with integration of other knowledge.
- Produce groups of experts in all the fields of Social Science and Arts that are capable to offer specialist reference and consultant.
- Produce Arts and Social Science professionals that are proactively involved in related industries in the national and international level.
- Building faculty relations with the related industry party in spite of private, government and the community.
- Strengthen relations and academic collaboration in Social Science and Arts with Institutions of Higher Education within and outside of the country.
- Implement the standards that is acknowledged by the Malaysian Qualification Agency