Universiti Malaysia Sabah Library was established to support and complement the teaching, learning, research, innovation and publication in the University. This is reflected in the stated mission of the University Library : To provide comprehensive resources and services to support the needs and requirements of the University in teaching, learning, research, innovation and publication.
Library facilities are also provided at the UMS branch campuses in Sandakan, Sabah and the Federal Territory of Labuan. A special library has also been established for the UMS Medical School and is currently located at Block B. The UMS Library utilises VIRTUA as its operating system and is accessible 24 hours 7 days a week via the University Library Portal.
Towards a dynamic and sustainable Library.
Empowering library services and facilities to support teaching and learning and research to achieve scientific excellence in various fields through the development of a dynamic collection and conducive infrastructure.
Building educated, brilliant and cultured society based on the mastery and love through lifelong reading and learning practices.
- To strengthen the collection of quality materials and information in line with customers' demands.
- To provide efficient, effective, and customer-friendly services.
- To provide conducive infrastructure in line with current trend.
- To become a learning and research reference hub in Universiti Malaysia Sabah (UMS).
We pledge to:
- Develop and enhance the depository of quality resources and information.
- Provide efficient, effective and accurate information at all times.
- Provide user- friendly services.
- Provide a conducive learning environment.
"To Serve with Quality"