Submission of Manuscript
Papers are accepted from public and private institutions of higher education, the industry, non-governmental organizations, research units or centres and associations.
All submitted articles are reviewed (double blind) by at least two academic experts in the particular field of study prior to acceptance. The duration of the blind review process is completed within 45 days or 1.5 month period. Reminders will be sent to avoid late reviews.
Guidelines for submissions:
- Manuscripts submitted to JOBSTS should be original contributions and should not have been previously published nor under consideration for publication elsewhere. Individual and multiple authors are welcome to contribute.
- All manuscripts are refereed through a blind review process by at least two academic experts in the particular field of the submitted paper(s) prior to acceptance. The duration of the entire review process averages in 45 days/1.5 months.
- Authors are free to write their papers either in Bahasa Malaysia or English languages.
- The abstract should summarize the key points of the paper without exceeding 300 words and, with a maximum of five keywords that define the subject matter.
- Research articles should normally not exceed 7,000 words, research notes should not exceed 2,500 words and book reviews should not exceed 1,500 words.
- All contributions should follow the format and style described in the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (APA, 6th edition).
- All manuscripts should be typed in MS WORD format, double-spaced with one-inch margins and using 11-point Times New Roman font (exception of tables 10-point Times New Roman).
- Manuscripts should include the following major sections: title page, abstract, main body and references. The title page is the first page and should contain the title of the paper, name of author(s) or authors’ names, institutional affiliation, present position and complete address (including telephone/fax and e-mail).
- The main body or text should be divided into headings and subheadings. Main headings should be centered on the page and subheadings placed at the left margin.
- All tables and figures should be prepared on separate pages and grouped together at the end of the manuscript, and the place where they are to be included must be clearly marked in the text (e.g. Insert Figure 1 here). Tables and figures (300dpi) should be clearly labelled, in the format and style described in APA (6th edition) and suitable for direct reproduction.
- References should follow the format and style described in APA (6th edition).
- Author(s) name should not appear anywhere except on the cover page of only main copy of the manuscript (to preserve anonymity during the blind review process).
- Soft copy of the manuscript in the form of MS WORD file attachment must be submitted to the Editor-in-Chief.