FROM : JABATAN TEKNOLOGI MAKLUMAT DAN KOMUNIKASI
SUBJECT : UPCOMING CHANGES TO GOOGLE+ FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION
Upcoming changes to Google+ for your organization
Here are some of the changes your users may experience with the shutdown of the consumer version of Google+:
- Communities outside your domain without at least one G Suite owner will be deleted. Also, your users will no longer be able to create public communities outside your domain.
- Google+ pages, events, and the Google+ profile field for “tagline” will be deleted for both G Suite and consumer users.
- Previously, upon G Suite customer cancellation, certain customers (e.g., edu customers) could continue to use Google+. Going forward, upon cancellation of G Suite, all G Suite customers’ content will be flagged for deletion.
- Content from consumer Google+ accounts will be deleted. Consumer users will also be removed from your circles and communities.
- For additional changes to Google+ features such as collections, circles, search, vanity URLs, and commenting in Blogger and other sites, see the Help Center article.
Actions required by Google+ user:
Please perform the actions below:
- A new version of the Google+ Android app will be released on February 22, 2019. Please update the Google+ Android app before March 7, 2019 to continue using Google+ on your mobile devices. Old versions of the app will no longer be supported.
- If you own or moderate a community outside UMS domain and there are consumer contributions that you would like to keep, you should download and save them before April 2019. If you download the data now, you will get links to community posts. Starting early March 2019, you will also be able to download the author, body, and photos for every community post in a public community.
- Google+ pages and events will be deleted for both G Suite and consumer users if there is content you would like to keep, you should download and save it before April 2019. If you would like to keep your Google+ tagline, please have them download and save your Profile data.
- Google+ gadgets in classic Google Sites will no longer work starting March 7, 2019, so you may want to remove them. Google+ embeds in the new Google Sites will continue to work.
- If you opted into the Google Play Services Public Beta Program, you may experience issues using Google apps like Gmail and Hangouts as we begin shutting down consumer Google+. To avoid any interruption in service, you can leave the Beta Program.
Jabatan Teknologi Maklumat dan Komunikasi