|GENERAL GUIDE FOR CONVOCATION CEREMONY|
- CEREMONY DATE.
- UMS 19th Convocation Ceremony wil be held at the Chancellor Hall, Universiti Malaysia Sabah on :
18th , 19th, 20th November 2017
Saturday, Sunday and Monday
- All graduates must pay a total fee of RM185.00 regardless of their attendance to the ceremony.
- Graduates who do not attend the ceremony can pay the fee before or after the ceremony (office hours only) at the Bursar’s Office Customer Service Counter, North Block, Chancellory Building or through FPX (Please refer to the Student Finance Division, UMS for further information on this). However, Academic Certificate & Transcripts will only be released after the ceremony and all fees including the convocation fee and any outstanding debts to the university must be paid in full.
- Graduates may check for any debts via https://konvo.ums.edu.my/
- INVITATION CARD AND CAR STICKER.
- All graduates will receive an invitation card for three (3) guests to attend the ceremony. Invitation cards will be handed out during registration when collecting the convocation attire.
- Guests without invitation cards will not be allowed to enter the convocation ceremony hall.
- Car stickers will also be given along with the invitation cards. The car stickers must be placed on the front vehicle window.
- The University will not be responsible for any loss of invitations cards and no replacement cards will be issued.
- GRADUATION REHEARSAL AND BRIEFING.
- Graduation Rehearsal and Briefing will be held as follows:
17 November 2017 (Friday)
8.30am – 12.00noon
*Subject to changes
5. DRESS CODE.
- All graduates attending the Convocation ceremony must wear appropriate attire as follows:
A. Male :
- Formal attire.
- Dark Lounge Suit with light-coloured long-sleeved shirt and neck tie.
- Long pants and shirt with long sleeves that should cover until the neck area (jeans and sport clothes are not allowed).
- Dark colored shoes ( sneakers/sandals/slippers and shoes with striking colours are not allowed ).
B. Female :
- Formal attire.
- Shirt/Blouse with long sleeves and should cover until the neck.
- Length of the skirt/gown/dress much reach the ankles.
- Dress/Baju kurung (any colours).
- If wearing a skirt, the length should be below the knee and worn with long sleeves blouse/shirt
- Dark colored shoes (sneakers/sandals/slippers and shoes with striking colours are not allowed). Avoid wearing high heels and slippery shoes.
- Dresses must not be too flashy and transparent .
Please note that the Convocation is a formal occasion. Graduates are advised to adhere to the dress code as stated above.
THE UNIVERSITY HAS THE AUTHORITY TO PREVENT GRADUATES FROM PARTICIPATING IN THE CEREMONY IF THEY HAVE NOT FOLLOWED THE RULES AND DRESS CODE FOR THE CONVOCATION CEREMONY
6. DRESS CODE FOR GUESTS
Parents/guests (including children aged 12 years and above) are required to dress formally as follows :
A. Male guests
- National attire; or
- Batik; or
- Lounge Suit; or
- Appropriate formal attire (Jeans, shorts and T-shirts are not allowed)
B. Female guests
- National attire; or
- Formal dress ( Dress or skirt above the knee, sleeveless blouse, T shirts, jeans and shorts are NOT ALLOWED )
Guests may enter the Chancellor Hall using the designated doors.
- Entrance for graduates and guests/parents to UMS campus
- Access to the campus for graduates/guests is through the main entrance.
- Parking lots for graduates and guests/parents
- All graduates/guests shall park their vehicles at the parking area of Faculty of Engineering or any other designated parking area provided by the University. Please follow the instruction given by the Campus Security.
8. GRADUATION PHOTOS.
- Graduates are not allowed to use cameras and video recorders in the hall during the ceremony. Photos will be taken by professional photographer appointed by the University.
9. SPEACIAL NEEDS.
- Graduates with special needs (pregnant or disabled) who need assistance in terms of a wheelchair are required to inform the marshals, located at level 1, Chancellor Hall.
10. OTHER FACILITIES- PRAYER ROOMS.
- Prayer Room is located at the Chancellor Hall next to the Centre for Curriculum and Student Development Office.
11. DURING THE CEREMONY.
- Graduates and guests/parents are not allowed to:
- Use mobile phone (mobile phones must be in silent/mute mode).
- Hold flowers and bags during march (graduates only).
- Use cameras/video recorders in front of the stage.
- Bring food and drinks into the hall.
- Make noise.
12. RESTRICTION TO ATTEND CONVOCATION AND DETENTION OF SCROLL & TRANSCRIPT
Students with outstanding debts or have not returned borrowed library books or any other borrowed items from the university and has any unpaid summons/fees must settle all payments as soon as possible. Please bring along the receipt or proof of return when picking up the graduation attire or when collecting scroll and transcript. Students who fail to do so will be restricted from attending the convocation ceremony will not be allowed to collect their scroll and transcript.
Download general guideline: General guideline