Centre for Strategic and Academic Management
Prof. Dr. Marcus Jopony
Visit Our Website: http://www.ums.edu.my/ppsa
The Centre for Strategic and Academic Management (PPSA) is responsible for the academic and strategic management of the University, In terms of Academic Management, the centre oversees the quality of academic prograqmmes offered by the University as well as promotes quality teaching and learning. The Centre also oversees the implementation of the University's Quality Management System (MS ISO 9001:2008) on learning and teaching (undergraduates programmes), besides being the secretariat for the University;s perticipation in the Rating System for Malaysian Higher Education Institutions (SETARA & D-SETARA).
In terms of Strategic management, PPSA is responsible for the implementation and monitoring of the University's Strategic Plan (PSUMS) and the Higher Education Strategic Plan (PSPTN) in the University. Additionally, the Centre functions as the secretariat for one of the key result areas, namely UMS-KRA1: Enhancing Excellence in Teaching and Learning, outlined in the PSUMS. With regard to PSPTN, the Centre is the institutional Programme Management Office (iPMO) besides being the secretariat for Critical Agenda Project (CAP), Teaching and Learning, and Academia.
Overall, PPSA has pivotal role in enhancing excellence in teaching and learning in Universiti Malaysia Sabah and we are strongly commited to undertake this responsbility.
The vision of Strategic and Academic Management Centre is to become the nucleus of academic excellence of Universiti Malaysia Sabah.
Improving the quality of scholarly education and academic excellence through the development of academic programmes that are systematic, implementation and evaluation of programmes according to local and global higher education needs.
“Quality for all, all for Quality”
OBJECTIVES OF PPSA
PPSA was established to achieve the following objectives:
· To serve as a Think Tank in determining the direction, planning, development, monitoring and implementation of academic affairs of UMS.
· To ensure development of academic programmes are implemented according to the requirements and standards of the Ministry of Education as well as the mission, vision, philosophy and objectives of UMS.
· To guarantee the quality of academic programmes and courses in UMS thereby ensuring our position among public higher learning institutions.
· To coordinate the evaluation of curriculum for UMS programmes and academic courses.
· To monitor and ensure the implementation of MS ISO 9001 Quality System within the scope of the Full-time Undergraduate Study Implementation Programme at Sepanggar Bay Campus, Universiti Malaysia Sabah.
· To ensure implementation of the University’s Strategic Plan is monitored and in line with the National Higher Education Strategic Plan and its role as Institution Project Management Office (iPMO) that provides data, monitoring of target and updating e-PMO data.
· To monitor the implementation of Key Performance Indicator of UMS and its JFPIU.
CENTRE FOR STRATEGIC AND ACADEMIC MANAGEMENT OBJECTIVES
· To raise awareness among UMS community on the Malaysian Qualification Framework (MQF) and the MS ISO 9001 Quality Management System and to maintain its implementation in UMS.
· To coordinate the planning, development, review and assessment of academic programmes.
· To coordinate the implementation of method and teaching and learning activities in accordance with the requirements set by the Malaysian Qualification Agency (MQA), Ministry of Education Malaysia and relevant agencies.
· To support the implementation of the teaching and learning skills development programme and continued professional development among academic staff.
· To formulate, coordinate and evaluate the implementation of the University’s Strategic and Action Plan.
· To raise awareness and cultivate academic and graduate excellence.
Level 6, North Block, Chancellery Building, Universiti Malaysia Sabah, Jalan UMS, 88400 Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
+6088-320000 ext 1905 +6088-320070