Islamic Affairs Unit
Head Of Department
Dr. Muhammad Suhaimi Taat
Visit Our Website: http://www.ums.edu.my/masjid
The Mosque and Islamic Affairs Unit introduced to educate the community in University Malaysia Sabah in relation to the Islamic ways of life besides ensuring the proper management and development of the UMS Mosque. This unit is significant in imparting general knowledge concerning Islam and simultaneously encouraging the development of a more balanced character emotionally, mentally and spiritually. The unit is also a center for religious reference, solving societal problems and responsible for the development and unity of the ummah (community).
The functions of this unit are:
- To plan and organise religious programs and activities towards improving and strengthening the community's appreciation and understanding of Islam.
- To arrange and manage the activities of the UMS Mosque towards encouraging the syiar (commands and ways) of Islam.
- To guide and give counselling to the UMS community in order to mould a morally civilized and cultured society.
- To ensure that the mosque functions as a place of ibadah (Islamic worship).
- To organize courses, seminars, forums and workshops with relevance to Islamic affairs.
- To manage the publications of the Friday leaflets, the khutbah texts of the Friday sermon, the du'as (supplications to invoke Allah for whatever one desires), the salat taqwim, etc.
- To be the center of religious reference specifically on current Islamic issues.
Realizing the obligations and tasks Management of the UMS Mosque has decided to operate in the following domains
Unit Hal Ehwal Islam dan Masjid, Universiti Malaysia Sabah, Jalan UMS, 88400 Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia
+6088-320000 ext 2735 / 2743 / 2734 +6088-320736