Universiti Malaysia Sabah Library was established to support and complement the teaching, learning, research, innovation and publication in the University. This is reflected in the stated mission of the University Library:
To provide comprehensive resources and services to support the needs and requirements of the University in teaching, learning, research, innovation and publication.
Library facilities are also provided at the UMS branch campuses in Sandakan, Sabah and the Federal Territory of Labuan. A special library has also been established for the UMS Medical School and is currently located at Block B. The UMS Library utilises VIRTUA as its operating system and is accessible 24 hours 7 days a week via the University Library Portal.
Creating world- class library facilities through the development of dynamic and innovative information resources.
Providing comprehensive resources and services to support the needs and requirements of the University in teaching, learning, research, innovation and publication.
Developing a knowledgable, outstanding and progressive society founded on mastery and love of knowledge through the inculcation of positive reading habits and lifelong learning culture.
- Developing quality resources and information.
- Providing efficient, effective, accurate and user- friendly services.
- Optimising utilisation of various information, facilities and services.
- Cultivating a knowledge culture among the University community and surrounding localities.
We pledge to:
- Develop and enhance the depository of quality resources and information.
- Provide efficient, effective and accurate information at all times.
- Provide user- friendly services.
- Provide a conducive learning environment.
"To Serve with Quality"